By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic which is 15 times higher than 2017. More stats and insights included.
In today’s ever-changing world of technology, video is coming in fast and hard to dominate both the entertainment and marketing space. With multiple devices to choose from — from mobile to tablet, desktop to streaming video on our televisions, more and more people are not only using video to make purchasing decisions, but also changing the way they receive their entertainment. The days of “Prime Time” are over.
According to Statista, in 2018:
- Over 85% of all internet users in the United States watch online video content on any of their devices
- 25-34 years watched the most video content
- Adult males spent 40% more time watching video content than adult females
According to Nielsen:
- More than 64% of people with a WiFi connection are streaming online videos, up 17% from last year
According to a Google-commissioned Nielsen Study
- 47% of 17 to 49 year olds consider themselves “light” traditional television viewers, and 27% do not watch traditional television at all.